The Sims 4 (PC)
You can follow the general setup guide at https://crowdcontrol.live/setup for extra help with the Twitch Extension, the Crowd Control Desktop Client and other options.
This mod has mainly been tested with the base game only. Other expansions should work fine, since our mod is doing pretty basic things to the game but please report any issues you may run into!
Our mod has been tested on the Steam and the Origin/EA version of the game!
We recommended this setup for all users!
- Make sure The Sims 4 is already installed on your computer!
- Select The Sims 4 from the Crowd Control desktop app.
- We will automatically detect your install location.
- The path may be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 4
- The path may be:
- “Click to install” or “update” to automatically install the CC mod and enable mods/script in your game.
- Launch Game to run The Sims 4 and load into a save to press START!
Our pack is geared towards Live Mode gameplay. Most effects will only trigger while in Live Mode.
Other gameplay methods or challenges may be less impacted because of how our mod functions!
Force a reconnect
If you need to stop your session in Crowd Control or you notice effects are not working, you will want to force a reconnect. You can “Ctrl + Shift + C” to enable the cheat console and use code “cc_connect” to force a refresh. If you still can’t connect after that, close the game and CC desktop app out completely, and relaunch from the CC desktop app.
By default, the game will set the first sim you create as “protected”, meaning that sim cannot die! This will cause some effects, like “Kill”, to not fully work. We suggest leaving that first sim alone while playing with Crowd Control.
Sometimes, major updates will disable mods. Just enable mods again using the method below or re-run the mod installer from the app!
This is not recommended, unless you are already a Sims 4 modding expert!
- Copy our mod into your games Mod folder, found at
~/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Find our mod here: CrowdControl.ts4script
- Download and copy the ccver file to the games main install folder at
The Sims 4\Game\Bin\(where you see TS4_x64.exe)
- Launch the game. Make sure you get the “Mods” popup. Follow the steps below to ensure mods are enabled!
- Press Start in the CC desktop app after loading into a game save.
You will need to enable mods in your game before you can use Crowd Control. You may also have to do this when the game pushes updates.
- From Sims 4, go to Options > Game Options > Other and make sure “Enable Custom Content and Mods” and “Script Mods Allowed” are checked.
Restart the game to apply settings.
After restarting the game, you should now see our mod enabled.