You can follow the general setup guide at https://crowdcontrol.live/setup for extra help with the Twitch Extension, the Crowd Control Desktop Client and other options.
We suggest using the One Click Setup to install the mod required for this game. This can be found in the Crowd Control Desktop app, after selecting your game!
We recommend using the One Click Setup if you are new to modding with this game. If you want to apply the mod yourself, feel free to follow these steps.
You can also subscribe to our Steam Workshop item and avoid the manual install.
- Grab the latest files with depenances here or just our mod here.
- Extract the contents of the zip into you game directory.
From Steam, right click RimWorld > Manage > Browse local files. Your mods folder should look like this:
- In the Crowd Control desktop app, select RimWorld (PC).
- Launch RimWorld, select Mods and make sure all 3 we require + Core are checked. You will likely need to press “Auto-sort Mods” as well.
- When you hit “Close”, the game will restart with our mods enabled.
- Create a new game or load an old one.
- Once in a game save, go to Options > Mod Settings > select “RimWorld CrowdControl” and make sure “Connection Status” is connected. Reconnect if needed. You will probably want to enable “Display Viewer Name” as well.
As with most Crowd Control games, the ability for our mod to work with others is mainly dependant on the other mods. In most cases, Crowd Control will work, but we are unable to test compatibility with every mod.
If you are having no success with a certain mod, you’ll need to disable it to play Crowd Control. Please report these instances in our Discord, so we can keep a running list for other users!
Thanks for helping us test this pack deputy7!
Our mod can be found here: https://github.com/RimWorld-CrowdControl/RimWorld-CrowdControl