Pokémon Crystal (GB)
You can follow the general setup guide at https://crowdcontrol.live/setup for extra help with the Twitch Extension, the Crowd Control Desktop Client and other options.
We suggest using the One Click Setup to install Bizhawk, which is found in the Crowd Control Desktop Client. Bizhawk 2.8 is required.
- We only support he USA/EU Version of Pokemon Crystal 1.1 (or Rev1).
- You can use this tool to check the MD5 of your file. The base ROM should match one of the the following MD5 hashes:
- We also support this randomzier: Universal Pokemon Game Randomizer
- The Pokemon Crystal Kaizo mod has also been known to work, found here: Romhacking.net – Hacks – Pokémon Crystal Kaizo
- Other randomizers or mods/hacks will likely not work!
Effects like “Give Pokemon” may not trigger until the player gets their first pokemon!
Here are some tips for getting Pokémon Crystal set for GBC, which can look much better for streams. This will require the same ROM as before, but this time we need the GBC BIOS to continue and the GBC setting enabled.
- Import the GBC BIOS, Config > Firmwares. Find GBC, right click and Set Custom. This will allow you to browse to your BIOS. After selecting BIOS, choose the relaunch option or close out Bizhawk and reopen from the CC app.
For reference, GBC BIOS may look like:
Filename: bios_gbc.bin CRC32 : 41884E46 MD5 : DBFCE9DB9DEAA2567F6A84FDE55F9680 SHA1 : 1293D68BF9643BC4F36954C1E80E38F39864528D
- After starting Pokemon, change the console from GB > Settings, and change Console Mode