Crowd Control Hardware Support
Crowd Control supports hardware for some systems and some games.
SD2SNES / FX PAK PRO
Not all SNES games are supported! The following are emulator only:
- Kirby Super Stars
- Super Mario RPG
Getting your flash card from the source helps support its creator, but any “PRO” SD2SNES or FX PAK with the USB port will do.
Keeping up to date with firmware will help get the most of your flash card, and should have support for Crowd Control. We specifically need usb2snes support by RedGuy.
BETA (suggested): https://sd2snes.de/blog/archives/1157
Stable (if above doesn’t work): https://crowdcontrol.live/software/sd2snes.zip
When changing out firmware, make sure you backup old sd2snes folder!
Connect to Crowd Control
Some games require a patch to work. Check the game guide for the patch! You can use Lunar IPS or a webtool to apply the patch manually. The patch should be applied after any other patches, like rom hacks for randomizers.
- From the Crowd Control desktop app, select your game.
- Click the second checkbox item to swap to “sd2snes”.
- Select your rom from the checklist.
- Plug in your USB cable from your flash cart to your PC and start your SNES!
- Once a good connection is established, the app will show “Connect to FXPak”, which will automatically start the game on your SNES!
If you still use Windows 7, you will also need this driver.
- Use a known working cable.
- Use a cable with a Up Angled Micro USB for FX Paks, like: https://www.startech.com/en-us/cables/usbaub2mu
- A cheap USB hub will probably not work. Directly connect to your PC.
- The Crowd Control SD2SNES Windows service should be running before you plug anything in.
EVERDRIVE N8 PRO
Hardware support for NES will be back soon!
Not all NES games we support work with hardware. See our blog post for more info on why.
If your game does have support, you will see “EDN8 Pro” as a connection method from the Game Selection area of the Crowd Control desktop app.
Our currently supported games:
- Super Mario Bros 3
- The Legend of Zelda
- Punch Out!!!
Crowd Control only supports the EVERDRIVE-N8 PRO.
Keeping up to date with firmware will help get the most of your flash card, and should have support for Crowd Control. You can find the latest from https://stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-pro-downloads.html