A Hat in Time (PC)
You can follow the general setup guide at https://crowdcontrol.live/setup for extra help with the Twitch Extension, the Crowd Control Desktop Client and other options.
Downgrade Your Game
This guide is originally posted on the Steam Workshop page for this mod.
- Open the Steam console by pasting this into your web browser’s URL bar:
- In the Steam console, enter the following command:
download_depot 253230 253232 5715663900172800998
- Wait for the console message that say:
Depot download complete
This may take a while!
- After the download is complete, open
steamapps/content/app_253230in Steam’s program folder.
- There should be a folder named
depot_253232. Rename it to
HatinTime_CCand move it to the
- In the
HatinTime_CCfolder, navigate to
Binaries/Win64and create a new file called
steam_appid.txt. In this new text file, input the number
253230on the first line, then save and close the file.
- Optional: Create a shortcut of HatinTimeGame.exe from that folder and move it to wherever you’d like. You will use this shortcut to open the Crowd Control Compatible version of A Hat in Time. Otherwise, you can just open HatinTimeGame.exe directly.
- The crowd control extension should be started and running before the Crowd Control Extension is started. If you start the game first, it won’t connect properly. But you can get around this by opening the mod settings in game, and disabling and reenabling this mod.
- Since this is on an older version of the game, that means newer mods might not be compatible. This will also not be compatible with the Vanessa’s Curse CDLC.
Connect to Crowd Control
Now that the game is downgraded, you can connect to Crowd Control!
- Select A Hat in Time from the CC desktop app.
- Set the game path to the
HatinTime_CCfolder you created above.
- Install the mod using our desktop app.
- You can also find a copy of the mod here.
- Launch the game using the CC desktop app.
- Press START and test effects!
This pack was created by Jazzrabbit! You can find the mod source here: https://github.com/jasminegamedev/AHITCrowdControl
Animations for the “Noodle Annoyance” effect was created by Moumekie!